Officer Holder: Mr. Godfrey Otunge (SSP)
Position Title: Chief of Operational Intelligence – CO( OpsIntel)
Reports To: DIG APS
Supervises: Officers within the Directorate and Field commands on operational Intelligence.
Branches: 2 (Internal and external Ops Intelligence)
Duties / Responsibilities & staff assigned to Directorate:
Functions for staff responsibilities under this subdirectorate will include the following:
- Provide the commander with better situation awareness of the operational environment which will enable him develop a clear picture of the problem at hand.
- Develop and execute reconnaissance and surveillance plans.
- Providing intelligence updates, other products, and offer additional support in reconnaissance and surveillance during mission execution.
- Advising the commander so that all collection of intelligence, production, and dissemination adhere to special security, legal, regulatory restrictions.
- Support to security programs including evaluating physical security vulnerability to support the A3/A6.
- Establishing/develop strategic linkages to the effective undertaking of the tasks.